A green card is a cross-border insurance card that proves that your car has at least minimum level of insurance required. Most countries in the EU do not require you to have a green card. It’s required in just a handful of countries, including Bosnia & Herzegovina, Albania, and Montenegro, just to name a few.
We needed a green card for our trip on the Balkan Peninsula and we spent $2.34 USD per day for the green card. This is issued by your rental car company when you make your reservation. How do u rent a car.
What is required to rent a car in Germany?
To rent a car in Germany, you’ll need: Driver’s license. International Driving Permit (IDP) Valid ID (Driver’s license or passport can be used; for non-EU visitors, an International Driver Permit is required if your license is not written in English.)
How do we pay to rent the car?
- Enterprise accepts the following forms of payment:
- Credit Cards. Credit cards are accepted at airport and non-airport locations in the US, Puerto Rico and Canada.
- Debit/Check Cards.
- Gift cards.
Do you need an international driver’s license to rent a car in Germany?
All drivers must present a valid non-expired driver’s license at the time of rental. Those holding a license issued in a Non-Latin-Letter Alphabet must also present a valid International Drivers Permit.
What to know when renting a car in Germany?
- Book from home.
- You do not need an International Driving Permit.
- You’ll drive on the right.
- Pay for the rental in euros.
- Double check your insurance coverage.
- Expect to pay more for an automatic transmission.
- Prepare for high taxes and surcharges
How to rent car in Germany?
- Driver’s license
- International Driving Permit (IDP)
- Valid ID (Driver’s license or passport can be used; for non-EU visitors, an International Driver Permit is required if your license is not written in English.)
Do car rentals take debit cards?
The short answer is yes, you can rent a car with a debit card. Major rental car companies—including Avis, Budget, Enterprise and Hertz—all permit rentals on a debit card.
How do u rent a car, Some credit cards offer car rental insurance. We always reserve our rental cars using our Visa card because it provides collision damage insurance so we do not pay extra for the rental car company’s insurance. What Americans call “gas,” Europeans call essence, petrol, or benzine. Regular unleaded gas is labeled as “95” at the petrol stations.
There’s a very good chance that you will be adding diesel to your car, rather than unleaded gasoline. When you pick up your rental car, confirm what type of “gas” you will need to add. Prices are listed in liters, so it may look cheap, but one gallon of gas costs roughly €7 in Europe.